28.04.2008

all that bird talk


last thursday, i went random in the studio. i felt like making something with no purpose, no production, no thinking, just playing around. first i could not decide what to do, paint, draw, but then i put out my cutting knives and felt the urgent need to cut! catching a glimpse of a tinysized bird swarm photo in my book of birds, i made a rough sketch on the linoleum and cutted away...





these are the test print results on vintage writing paper. need to post a closeup, the details and structures came out quite nice...

2 Kommentare:

Mod and Mint hat gesagt…

wow. even from a distance they look wonderful! but i would love to see a closeup to appreciate the details you put in it!

Banana-head Pancake hat gesagt…

I think that sometimes, the best things are not planned.

I love your work - I was to happy to find your etsy shop & blog!

-lauren